Hello, I’m having an issue enrolling in the Apple Developer Program as an Individual / Sole Proprietor. I completed the enrollment process and submitted the $99 membership purchase. Apple sent me an order acknowledgement saying that the order would be processed within 2 business days. However: My credit card has never been charged. My Developer account remains in Pending status. The account still shows “Purchase your membership”. Trying to continue or restart the enrollment sometimes results in “We are unable to process your request. An unknown error occurred.” I have already contacted Apple Developer Program Support, but so far I have only received the automatic confirmation and no actual response. My support case ID is 102955478572. It has now been several days with no progress. I have also seen other recent posts describing very similar enrollment/payment issues. Has anyone recently managed to resolve this? Is there currently a known issue with Apple Developer Program enrollment or payment processing? I would appreciate any guidance from Apple Developer Support on how to either complete the existing enrollment/payment or reset the stuck enrollment so I can try again.
Apple Developer Program enrollment stuck in Pending — payment never charged and support not responding
Same situation here, from Belgium, since August 31.
I enrolled in the Apple Developer Program on August 31 at 20:05 (Brussels time). The payment of 99.00 EUR to APPLE.COM/BE went through on my card, but I never received an order confirmation email, the account has stayed in Pending, and the developer site keeps showing "Purchase your membership". Trying to continue the enrollment sometimes ends with "We are unable to process your request. An unknown error occurred."
I opened a case with Developer Program Support on September 2, case ID XXXXXXXXXXX. Automatic acknowledgement only, no answer since.
So this is not a single account issue: several of us, in different countries, with and without the card being charged, since the end of August. It looks like the enrollment or payment processing pipeline itself is stuck, and support cases are not being worked.
Two things I would like Apple Developer Support to confirm publicly:
Is there a known issue with Developer Program enrollment and payment processing at the moment, and when is it expected to be resolved? For those of us already charged, will the existing enrollment be activated, or should we expect a refund and a reset so we can enroll again? Nobody should have to pay twice.
For anyone reading with the same problem: do not submit a second purchase. The screen asking you to pay again does not mean your first payment failed, it means the enrollment was not marked complete on Apple's side, and a second charge is long to get refunded.
I have a shipping product waiting on the Developer ID certificate for signing and notarization, so any real status update from Apple would be welcome.
Same issue here. Mine has been stuck since August 18. Unfortunately, it feels like nobody is actually addressing the issue. My support tickets have gone unanswered, and when I called Apple Support, I was told that this is handled by a different department and that they were unable to do anything about it.
It also seems that quite a few people on the forum are experiencing the same issue. Hopefully Apple can look into this and provide a proper resolution soon.
Hello,
Thank you for your post. It is important to note that account specific matters fall outside what the forums are able to address. Developer forums are focused on software and accessory development questions. Please understand that we do not review individual account, or membership status questions for privacy reasons.
If you have already opened a case, please reply directly to any emails you’ve received from Developer Support to continue your existing case. If you need to open a new case, please contact us:
https://developer.apple.com/contact/
Best regards,
Developer Support
@Apple Developer Support so maybe give us a proper channel as the link you gave doesnt help at all. creating a ticket to be ignored as well....
(re)Update, plus a workaround that actually works.
Respectfully, this thread was never a request to review a private account. It reported four people, four countries, one wall, in the space of ten days. That is a systems question, not an account question. And "reply directly to any emails you've received from Developer Support" assumes those emails exist. Mine never arrived, and here is why.
From August 31 to September 9, the contact form at developer.apple.com/contact refused the email address it had prefilled itself, the verified primary address of my own Apple Account. Every browser, every network, same rejection. On September 9 I switched the primary address of that Apple Account to a second address already verified on the same account, changed nothing else, and the form went through on the first attempt. Case 102957919097, opened that evening. Still no human reply.
So the intake path validates the account's primary address against something that can reject an address Apple itself has verified, which silently locks out precisely the users trying to report that they have been charged. That is not an account matter. That is a bug sitting in front of your support queue.
Meanwhile the order is still frozen at Pending, and my bank has completed the chargeback for a service never delivered. Money out on August 31, money back via the bank, Apple's order still stuck mid pipeline. A genuinely "not completed" enrollment would have cleared or cancelled. Mine did neither, which is the whole point.
For everyone else here: if the contact form refuses your address, try switching your Apple Account's primary address to another one already verified on it. That single change is what unblocked the ticket for me.
Apple, a status note on enrollment processing would still be very welcome.
Best regards, David
Update, and partly a correction.
Developer Support did reply, and part of this turns out to be on my side: their emails to my domain were bouncing with a failed MX lookup, so nothing they sent ever reached me. That one is mine to fix and I am on it. Credit where it is due, the answer was clear and useful.
Two things are still unexplained, and neither is on my side.
The contact form refused the email address it had prefilled itself, with no reason given, so the message never left at all. Whether or not that was the same root cause, one line saying "we cannot reach the mail server for this domain" would have saved ten days.
And the order is still sitting on my account, after the enrollment failed, after it was reported cancelled, and after my bank completed the chargeback. Money returned, order still there.
If you are stuck in this thread, check your domain's MX records first. It costs nothing and it may well be your answer.